Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Encouraging Email From a TNT Teammate

This was an email I received today froma fellow Team in Training runner. It was encouraging to me so I wanted to post it here:

I trust all is well. I did a long run Saturday (22 miles) with my local TNT Chapter. At mile 20 I was a bit out of sorts. Self doubt, confusion and second guessing were leading the way in thoughts that were circulating in my mind. To be honest I was not happy. I was expressing my frustrations to a few teammates when one of them asked "do you know what your problem is?". My first response was "where do you want me to begin?". She said "you are thinking too much about it". Plain and simple. As we get into more miles it's hard not to have negative thoughts. Am I training enough? Am I training too much. The race is five weeks away. On and on and on. The bottom line is to "not to eat the elephant in one sitting". A mile here a mile there. Nice and easy, cool as ice. You continue to make it happen. I made a huge mistake and forgot for a moment what this is really all about. It's about the patients and survivors. It has ALWAYS been about them.

Fundraising Totals Through 08/29/08
TOTAL: $75,586.37
AMANDA: $4,835.56
DENNIS: $4,100.60
JONATHAN: $4,050.00
MARIE/JOHN: $3,700.00

A few weeks ago I spoke about where some of the money you raised went. Take a look and pass on while you finish up your fundraising.
$25 pays for 5 days of parking at a local hospital for a family member to take a myeloma patient to an outpatient clinic visit.
$50 pays for resources and materials (Trish Greene Back to School Program) for two children with leukemia to help ease their transition back to school after treatment.
$250 pays for 10 $25 phone cards for blood cancer survivor peer volunteers to make phone calls of support to newly diagnosed patients through the First Connection Program.
100 individuals donating $400 each will support one year of research for a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fellow.
$500 will provide reimbursement for cancer medications, not covered by insurance, to one patient with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma.
$1,000 will provide reimbursement for radiation co-pays, not covered by insurance, for two lymphoma patients.
"Fight the good fight" "Never ever, never ever ever, give up". Thanks for letting me in today. Peace and Love!!
Dennis

No comments: