Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Sunday, September 21, 2008

20 Miles- - Too Legit To Quit

In about 30 minutes, between 3:30 - 4:00 pm, we will begin running. So, when will we finish?? Good question! If we can keep the pace as normal, we should be rolling in around 7:30-8:00 pm. That is just insane to do any physical activity for that long of a period!!

I am quite sure I will have NO energy left to blog about it. I will barely be able to walk. I will barely be able to walk tomorrow either.

I am SO glad this is our final LONG run before the marathon. On my iPod, somewhere near the point where I usually want to fall over and die, the song Too Legit To Quit comes on. This is an oldy, but a goody, especially when you feel like lying down in someone's yard for a nap when you still have 8 more miles to run. Tonight it might be 10 more miles to run when that song comes on. Hammer Time!!

Well, I need to go get ready!

No comments: