Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chicago, Here We Come!

Our journey begins. . . .we decided to run a marathon. We wanted to run Chicago because a couple of our friends are running there. It was closed. Then we noticed it was still open to run for certain charities. PERFECT!! Then we noticed we could join Team in Training and run to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. EVEN BETTER!! We now can raise money for a good cause- - and in memory of my dad and Marilyn. I had heard about Team in Training a few years back after dad had passed away from lymphoma and knew in my mind that I wanted to do this someday. I tucked it away in my mind because I still had a tiny baby at the time. I have recently been reinspired to run again after listening to a good friend of mine talk of her experience. She ran her first marathon last year and it has inspired me to run my first one this year. Next. . . .I talked my dear sweet husband into running with me!! He hates running, but he loves me, so he is doing it. I love him dearly for his willingness to travel this road with me. Thanks honey! We are keeping a journal of our 16 week journey leading up to the Chicago marathon.

No comments: