Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Sunday, July 13, 2008

PowerBar Gel


We completed our long run this evening- - -7 miles!! I thought it was going to be really tough, but it wasn't too bad. We did a lot more running this time- - -instead of doing the run/walk thing. I felt great at the end and actually ran my final mile the fastest- - -so I may have been saving too much for the end. OR it could have been the PowerBar Gel that we tried for the first time tonight. We have learned that for longer runs we will need some kind of energy boost with electrolytes to help with endurance. I did some research on this to see which ones were the best tasting and we found one of them at GNC- - Strawberry Banana- - -it was pretty good- - sort of tastes like thick warm yogurt. I took mine at the 5 mile mark and I felt GREAT the last 2 miles!!We are heading into WEEK 4 of our training and it seems to be getting a bit easier. I think our bodies are responding as they should be.If you want to check out the 16 Week Training schedule we are using, click HERE.

No comments: