Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bugs

Okay, I told Dalene I have never eaten a bug and I still haven't, but tonight. . . .wow. . . .they were everywhere but in my mouth- - -in my nose, in my eyes and when I got home, the girls said, "Eeeewww mom, you have bugs all over your chest!!" Yep, my chest looked like the front of a windshield after driving after dark. Numerous little bugs plastered to me in my HUGE amount of sweat. I am irritated that I didn't get a picture. I looked in the mirror, thought "YUCK!" and immediately jumped in the shower.
Tonights 8 mile run was a killer!! Amazing what ONE more mile does with 87% humidity. We waited until 7 pm to go, but it was STILL bad! We even took the pathfinder for almost 5 of the miles hoping the protection of the trees might lower temperatures. I don't think it helped- - -it only added to the BUG problem by being next to the river.
Cooper was standing outside when Jeff got back from the run and he said, "You dying daddy?" It was so very cute. He then asked me a bit later and I said, "yes honey, mommy is dying". He said, "men shoot you?". I laughed and said, "no, men didn't shoot me. . .I just ran too much".
A little bit later, we were in the house and I captured the below picture. He put on his headband and a hairband around his arm and said, "I go jogging mommy." This is how I look when I go jogging, a headband on and a watch around my wrist. I guess he thought he fit the part!! I LOVE THIS KID!!!

No comments: