Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hit The Wall

Training had been going great for me up until Thursday of this past week. You know, I am in WEEK TWO- - -how could things be so bad?? Well, my body is beginning to reject all of this running. I felt great on my Wednesday night run- - 4 miles in 40:28 (which is amazing for me at this point), but I think I must have pushed it too hard because ever since then my body from the waist down has been having all kinds of weird aches and pains. My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my hip hurts and my back hurts. I have had 3 days off now since I missed my Friday run because of the 4th July and my body still doesn't feel good. I am dreading our 6 mile run tomorrow.Now for Jeff- - his body started rejecting even sooner. He wasn't feeling well last Sunday all day (stomach issues), but completed the 5 miler. Then on Tuesday nights 3 mile run, he had major pain in his calf muscle- - -pain that was bad enough that he thought he couldn't even run. He thought he might have had a calf strain and he even thought his marathon might be done. He took the rest of the week off. Luckily, the pain has gone down tremendously and we don't think it is as bad as we thought. He is going to try to run tomorrow as well.

No comments: