Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Word From Jeff

I just have to get off my chest that my run tonight of 5 miles felt like I was being hit in the head with a bag of bricks the entire time. It was miserable. For those of you that don’t know I have had 2 left knee surgeries over the last 2 yrs and this is the leg that I thought would for sure cause me problems. Well, let me tell you that it is my right leg and it isn’t just the knee, it is the calf as well, shin splints and a tight hamstring. This was supposed to be training for a marathon with my wife and we leave together but we don’t finish together. So as I was running tonight (walking a lot as well) I was thinking, “Why in the heck am I doing this running?” I really ponder this and here is what I came up with, for the love of my wife and what this means to her and the reasons of why she is doing this herself. I’m just trying to make it through this for support. I really like being pushed out into uncomfortable positions right now and running for me is definitely not in a comfort zone of mine ( I know I’m weird for liking to be uncomfortable but oh well).I am also doing this for Marci’s dad and for Marilyn Williams, who both were tremendous people. What they went through touched so many lives and spoke to so many people through the perseverance of their struggles. Lastly, my reason was to get in better shape, but that one really didn’t matter much as I was thinking of the others. I just want to be able to be a good supporter and right now I’m am just an injured tag along.

No comments: