Jeff and I will be running the Chicago Marathon on October 12 with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are running in memory of Marci's dad, Walter Pilant and our friend, Marilyn Williams, who both lost their lives early to blood cancers. We are also running in honor of Shelby, a thirteeen year old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only four years old.

To donate toward our goal of $7,400, please click
HERE

To start from the beginning , click
HERE

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two Weeks Post Marathon

I didn't post my marathon update on this blog- - -should have, but didn't. If you didn't get a chance to read it, you can CLICK HERE.

Today has been two weeks since our marathon and you know what, I WANTED to go for a run today! Jeff thinks I am crazy, but I must really like to run- - -because after that horrid Chicago race, I wasn't sure I would ever run again.

It felt good to be able to just go out and run five miles, five little, short, and fast miles. I think I will continue to run, but just not another marathon. I beleive 5 K's, 10 K's and half marathons will be much better for me. Hopefully, I will get to run for Team in Training again some day. It was an awesome experience and we met so many wonderful people! What they are doing for LLS is amazing!

No comments: